Friday, April 23, 2010

A RING OF REFLECTION



This is the most mystical and spiritual photo I have taken last year. And it is for many friends the most loved one of 2009. 
It is special and I see this photo as a gift that I was allowed to have to remind me of that moment.
I took this picture while I was on a holiday at the wild-coast on a walk along the beach during low tide when all the rock formations where exposed.
The small rock-pool shaped by the flowing water contained tiny shell pieces. 
What attracted me was the darker ring outside the rock-pool in the stone. This is not moisture. The stone has a darker color and the shape of the circle perfectly complements the nature of the rock-pool.
Only later when I was bending over to take the photo from above did I see the two amazing rings of light reflection in the water that were in perfect symmetry to each other and everything around them.
How can I be talking so much about a hole in a stone?
Cause it was a moment of enchantment.
And staying enchanted is one of the most important things for me in life.
If the elements come together with shape and structure and light it is magic. And then you have art.

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous ..... such lovely detail - I can see why this isa fovrite!
    Gena @ Thinking Aloud
    a photoblog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails